Friday, January 13, 2023

Welcome to my newest blog, The Sounds of Fort Worth!

 




Welcome to my newest blog, The Sounds of Fort Worth! I've had my first entertainment blog, Alan Mercer’s Profile, that started in Los Angeles, for 14 years. The primary purpose when I started it in 2009 was to showcase my photography, although I soon learned that often the interview would overshadow the photos, so I made it more about the subject and when Covid hit I started interviewing people over the phone and using their existing photographs. My idea of what the blog was had to evolve in order to survive.

When I moved to Texas in 2014, I kept the blog going, but the subject matter shifted from Los Angeles based musicians and actors to Texas musicians. I didn't realize how rich Texas is with talented musicians, actors & artists. So, I decided to start another blog that will be more specifically about music and the arts of the DFW area, but concentrating on Fort Worth. Also this blog will be more of a community project with other writers and photographers contributing content. If you are a writer or a photographer and want to contribute please write me at my email ra321547@gmail.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Johnny Chops and His Stories of Redemption

  All photos taken at the Post on River East in Fort Worth by Alan Mercer Johnny Chops has been writing and performing music since his uncle...